University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica accepts students for study mobility and traineeship within the Erasmus+ programme. Students who whish to apply for a study mobility period must first check that their home institution has a signed Erasmus+ agreement with the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica.
After being nominated by his/her home institution, the student needs to send an application form together with the following documents or use the Erasmus dashboard if available at the student’s home institution.
- Incoming student application form
- Curriculum Vitae (Croatian or English),
- Learning Agreement proposal containing planned courses at the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica. The Learning Agreement may be modified after student’s arrival and the discussion with academic coordinator, or
- Description of Intended Studies (Croatian or English) – NOTE! Only if the Learning Agreement is not submitted,
- Grade Transcript and Certificate of Enrollment at home university,
- Copy of the passport (first page with the photo and personal information).
All documents should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Courses in English
Students can choose subjects from the following catalogues. It is possible to mix subjects from undergraduate and graduate study programmes.
Undergraduate study_Computer System Maintenance
Undergraduate study_Crisis Management
Undergraduate study_Aircraft Maintenance
Undergraduate study_Motor Vehicle Maintenance
After the nomination and application process, the student can be issued a letter of acceptance by the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica (Veleučilište Velika Gorica), if required.
Upon arrival students must submit following:
- Copy of International Health insurance card valid in Croatia (a private one or, if you are from the EU, at least EU Health card).
- Three ID photographs (4x6cm)
- Personal Identification Number or OIB (issued by the Croatian National Tax Authority, instructions here).
For winter semester and full year: June 20
For summer semester: January 10
Late applications may be accepted
Special needs and vulnerable students
Students with special needs should indicate so in the Application form.
University of Applied Sciences welcomes students with disability and our facility is equipped with elevators that will allow you access to classroom. Please state any particular requirements in the Application form.
For further information please contact the Erasmus coordinator.
Information about visa requirement can be found at Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs website.
Admission to University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica does not include accommodation. We can provide you with help and assistance in finding accommodation. Good places to look are the Facebook pages of the Zagreb Erasmus Students Network and the local apartments-for-rent portals.
Average cost of accommodation is between 300-500 EUR. Student can rent an apartment in Velika Gorica (slightly cheaper, but harder to find) or Zagreb, or apply for dorm in Zagreb (very hard to get a place).
Incoming students can apply for subsidized student transportation. Monthly fee for student ZET bus card is 100 HRK (approximately 14 EUR). Students should fill out the form and prepare a photo (3×3,5 cm). Do not worry, we will help you with the form.
A guide for incoming students
Temporary Stay Permit
If your nationality doesn’t require visa to enter Croatia you must obtain a temporary stay permit once you are in Croatia.
For nationalities that do require visa to enter Croatia you will need to apply for your Temporary Stay Permit before coming to Croatia.
Students will obtain Temporary Stay Permit at Ministry of Interior (in Velika Gorica or in Zagreb). Process of obtaining TSP is 15 days upon arrival in Croatia.
To obtain TSP you must have following documents:
- TSP application form – download
- A photo 30X45mm
- A copy of passport
- A proof of valid health insurance (travel insurance)
- For student who receive any kind of support (including Erasmus) a proof that confirms that student is entitled to support and the exact amount of support or bank statement which proofs that student has enough funds to cover her/his stay
- Letter of Acceptance or Learning Agreement
- 20 HRK (approximately 3 EUR) for stamp fees
- 240 HRK (approximately 32 EUR) for all students to make the residence card or
- 500 HRK (approximately 70 EUR) for non-EU residents
Degree seeking foreign citizens
Applicants who are not citizens of the Republic of Croatia can also apply for enrollment in undergraduate professional studies at the University. If, based on ranking, they acquire the right to enroll in the 1st semester of undergraduate professional studies, these applicants will be able to enroll conditionally at the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica.
When enrolling, applicants who are not citizens of the Republic of Croatia must have a personal identification number (OIB). The procedure for issuing an OIB is as follows:
- fill out the form (available at the Tax authority)
- enclose a copy of the passport or other valid identification document
- hand in the signed form and copy of passport at the Tax authority, Avenija Dubrovnik 32, Zagreb or the Velika Gorica tax office, Trg kralja Tomislava 34, Velika Gorica
Conditionally enrolled foreign nationals are required to apply for recognition of foreign educational qualification. The costs of recognition is covered by the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica.
An application for the recognition of foreign education qualifications on completed secondary education in general, gymnasium and art programs is submitted to the Agency for Education. Instructions for initiating the recognition procedure, information on the required documentation and the application for recognition of a foreign educational qualification in Croatian and English can be found on the website of the Agency for Education.
The application for recognition of foreign education qualifications on completed secondary education in vocational programs is submitted to the Agency for Vocational and Education of Adults. Information on the recognition procedure, the required documentation and the application form in Croatian and English can be found on the website of the Agency for Vocational and Education of Adults.
After obtaining a positive decision on the recognition of a foreign educational qualification, enrollment in undergraduate professional studies becomes valid.
Pursuant to Article 19 of the Act on the Recognition of Foreign Educational Qualifications (OG 158/2003, 198/2003, 138/2006 and 45/2011) “School certificates, diplomas and other public documents on acquired education issued by 8 October 1991 in educational institutions in the territory of the former SFRY are equal in legal force with school certificates, diplomas and other public documents of educational institutions of the Republic of Croatia and are not subject to the recognition procedure. ”
Study programs at the University of Applied Sciences Velika Gorica are conducted in the Croatian language.
Pokaži mi, možda ću zapamtiti.
Uključi me i ja ću naučiti.